Another rack full of modules in the box
Fancy the flexibility of modular synths, but not the expense? Then the new modular synthesizer plugin from Applied Acoustics Systems may be for you.
Called Multiphonics CV-1, the plugin consists of 35 modules that can be connected together into one modular beast in the box. Modules include the expected oscillators, ADSRs and LFOs, and utility modules such as master clock and macros.
Modules included in AAS Multiphonics CV-1 include:
- Input Modules: Keyboard, Master Clock, Macros
- Output and Mixer Modules: Output, Dual Mix, Mix 5/ Mix 8, Polarizing Mix 5, Bias, Level
- Oscillators: Pulse, Classic VCO, Compact VCO, Noise
- Filter: Objeq Filter, State Variable Filter
- Sequencers: Gate + CV Sequencer, Gate Sequencer
- Effects: Delay, Dual Delay, Limited
- Utility Modules: Inverter, Logic, Glide, Quantizer, S&H, Scale, Slew Limiter, Patch Info, Voltage Source
- VCAs: Dual VCA, VCA
Now modular synths are not the easiest way to get great sounds and sequences out of. With AAS probably best known for their electric piano emulation Lounge Lizard EP-4*, Multiphonics CV-1 tries to match intuitive use with complex patch creation. A range of presets created by 12 patch designers will get you started straight away. And to ease you into creating your own modular patches, AAS published several tutorials on their website to follow along.
Multiphonics CV-1 comes in VST2, VST3, AU, AAX and standalone versions for Windows 10 and MacOS.