Arturia adds more colour to Pigments
French company Arturia has been busy this year. Following its release of Arturia V Collection 8 in January, and its new analog poly synth Polybrute, now Pigments 2 has just been updated to version 3.
What Arturia calls a "polychrome synthesizer", Pigments 3 has benefits from technologies within Arturia's software division, such as filter from its Roland Jupiter 8 emulation Jup-8 V, and increased the sonic options available.
The new additions in the Pigments 3 update include:
- Harmonic oscillator: an additive oscillator, called harmonic engine, has been added to its existing 4 oscillators wavetable, virtual analog, sample/ granular and utility
- Utility Engine: Extended functions for the extra oscillator available in Pigments 2
- 64 new wavetables: adding metallic and more aggressive timbres
- 4 new effects: adding pitch shift, delay and flanger FX
- Jup-8 V filter: adding the resonant filter from Arturia's Roland Jupiter 8 emulation
- 200 new presets: extending the preset library from 1,200 to 1,400
If you want to hear and see more about the new features in Arturia Pigments 3, the company also released 5 new tutorials to explain the new harmonic engine, the utility engine, the multi-band compressor, and pitch-shift delay.
Pigments 2 wasn't exactly lacking features. It had 4 sound engines, an extensive FX section, and was known for its wide range of modulation options, made accessible via a visual and interactive interface.
But as the update is free for existing users, this is a welcome addition of possibilities for those who already own Pigments 2. And with the 50% off for a limited time, at €99 Pigments 3 is a good option to add an all round synth plugin to your sonic palette. Pigments 3 can rival the ubiquitous Serum or Native Instruments Massive with its wave tables and modulations, or specialist synths such as U-He Diva with its analog filters and oscillators.
Love plugins? You'll love the musicmanta newsletter, giving you exclusive competitions, top deals, latest news and reviews, and much more.
For new users, Pigments 3 is available at 50% off for €99 (instead of €199) for a limited period. Until 3 May 2021, this also includes the Spectrum Sound Pack at no additional cost.
Splice offers an interesting option of rent-to-own for $9.99 per month for Pigments 3*. This option spreads the cost over 20 months, after which you fully own the plugin.
For existing users, the update to Pigments 3 for Pigments 2 users is free - just log in to your account, or use the Arturia Software Center.