A new bit is coming
Berlin based Bitwig released the beta version of Studio 4, due out at the end of July to August 2021. The DAW created by the 20 strong team in Germany's capital brings comping, new operators and modulations, as well as compatibility with Apple Silicon for MacOS.
New features include:
- Comping: This new function brings easier ways to slice together takes into one performance. Comping is included in audio slices and will work in both the Arranger and Clip Launcher.
- New Operators: Studio 4 will add modulation to notes and audio, in addition to parameters Operators have always been able to manipulate. Functions include Chance, Repeats, Occurance and Reoccurance.
- Expression Spread: Better control modulation of expression, such as pan, velocity or audio gain, with a visualised spread parameter.
- Apple Silicon Native: Bitwig Studio 4 will run natively on the M1 Apple Silicon chip.
- Localisation: German, Chinese and Japanese local languages will be options.
- Improved Import/Export: Import of Ableton Live files (ALS format) and FL Studio (FLP format). Export include WAV, FLAC, OGG, MP3 and OPUS.